A Fake Internet Presence,
From: Hai N Tang (tangent at uclink2.berkeley.edu)
Subject: ABOI: Why College is better than High School
Forwarded from a friend of a friend...
High School Vs College
- In high school, you do homework. In college, you study.
- No food is allowed in the hall in high school. In college, food must
be provided at an event before students will come.
- In high school, you wear your backpack on one shoulder; in college, on
- In college, the professors can tell you the answer without looking at
the teacher's guide.
- In college, there are no bells or tardy slips.
- In high school, you have to live with your parents. In college, you
get to live with your friends.
- In college, you don't have to wait in a certain lunch line to be
- Only nerds e-mailed in high school. (Cool kids hadn't heard of it.)
- In high school, you're told what classes to take. In college, you
get to choose; that is, as long as the classes don't conflict and you
have the prerequisites and the classes aren't closed and you've paid
- In high school, if you screw up you can usually sweet-talk your way
out of it. In college, you're lucky to ever talk with the professor.
- In high school, fire drills are planned by the administration; in
college, by the drunk frat boys on their way home when the bars close.
- In college, any test consists of a larger percentage of your grade
than your high school final exams ever did.
- In high school, when the teacher said, "Good morning," you mumbled
back. In college, when the professor says, "Good morning," you write
- In high school, freshman guys hit on senior girls. In college,
senior guys hit on freshman girls.
- In college, weekends start on Thursday.
- In college, it's much more difficult to figure out the course
schedule of the man/woman you have a crush on, in order to figure out
where he/she will be walking around campus and at what time to find
- Once you've obtained the information described in #16, it's much more
time-consuming to run between classes to that place where you know
he/she will be in order to "just happen to bump into him/her."
- In college, there's no one to tell you not to eat pizza three meals a
- In college, your dad doesn't pay for dates.
- In high school, it never took 3 or 4 weeks to get money from Mom and
- College men are cuter than high school boys.
- College women are legal.
- In college, when you miss a class (or two or three), you don't need a
note from your parents saying you were skip....uh, sick that day.
- In high school, you can't go out to lunch because it's not allowed.
In college, you can't go out to lunch because you can't afford it.
- In college, you can blow off studying by writing lists like this.
Note: I'm not the author, these tidbits were all forwarded to me via
email. Where I know the author, it is given.
The From: header may be the author, or it may just be the person who
forwarded it to me.
Feel free to contact me to claim authorship.