Date: Sat, 27 Sep 1997 00:13:35 +1000
From: "Andrew C. Bulhak" (acb at zikzak.net)
Subject: Go placidly among the noise and haste.... (fwd)
Ineffective Daily Affirmations:
- As I let go of my feelings of guilt, I can get in touch with my Inner
- I have the power to channel my imagination into ever-soaring levels of
suspicion and paranoia.
- I assume full responsibility for my actions, except the ones that are
someone else's fault.
- I no longer need to punish, deceive or compromise myself. Unless, of
course, I want to stay employed.
- In some cultures what I do would be considered normal.
- Having control over myself is nearly as good as having control over
- My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of good judgment.
- I can change any thought that hurts into a reality that hurts even
- I honor my personality flaws, for without them I would have no
personality at all.
- Joan of Arc heard voices, too.
- I am grateful that I am not as judgmental as all those censorious,
self-righteous people around me.
- I need not suffer in silence while I can still moan, whimper and
- As I learn the innermost secrets of the people around me, they reward
me in many ways to keep me quiet.
- When someone hurts me, forgiveness is cheaper than a lawsuit. But not
nearly as gratifying.
- The first step is to say nice things about myself.
- The second, to do nice things for myself.
- The third, to find someone to buy me nice things.
- As I learn to trust the universe, I no longer need to carry a gun.
- All of me is beautiful and valuable, even the ugly, stupid, and
- I am at one with my duality.
- Blessed are the flexible, for they can tie themselves into knots.
- I will strive to live each day as if it were my 40th birthday.
Note: I'm not the author, these tidbits were all forwarded to me via
email. Where I know the author, it is given.
The From: header may be the author, or it may just be the person who
forwarded it to me.
Feel free to contact me to claim authorship.
Copyright (C) 2009 Brandon Long. All Rights Reserved.
Terms of Service
The "I work for a big public company" disclaimer:
The views expressed on these pages are mine
alone and not those of my employer.
I am not now, nor have I ever been employed to speak for anyone.
Well, except my own company, but that's gone now.